Thousands of food and beverage professionals and hobbyists, from chefs and food quality professionals to brewers and winemakers, have moved to digital BRIX measurement from less accurate and less precise optical refractometers. The Milwaukee digital BRIX refractometer is temperature compensated with a 0 to 85 percent BRIX range and +/- 0.2 percent accuracy. It is easy to use with simple two button operation and fast with a response time under 2 seconds. Maintenance is a breeze also with an easy-to-clean sealed flint glass prism and stainless steel well.
- Fast, accurate results with digital dual level LCD readout.
- Easy measurement with just 2-3 drops of sample needed and results less than 2 seconds.
- Simple one-point calibration using distilled or deionized water.
- Easy to clean, stainless steel sample well with unit rated to IP65 as “dust tight” and protected against water jets.
- Battery percent level indicator with automatic shut-off (batteries included).
- Ideal for winemakers, brewers, fruit and vegetable growers, maple syrup producers, and food producers.
- The measurement technique and temperature compensation employ methodology recommended in the ICUMSA Methods Book (Internationally recognized body for Sugar Analysis).
- The MA871 is an optical instrument that employs the measurement of the refractive index to determine the % Brix of sugar in aqueous solutions. The method is both simple and quick.
- Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water. Within seconds the instrument measures the refractive index of the sample and converts it to % Brix concentration units.
- The MA871 digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for measurements in the field.
- The measurement technique and temperature compensation employ methodology recommended in the ICUMSA Methods Book (Internationally recognized body for Sugar Analysis). Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement on the large dual-level display along with icons for Low power and other helpful message codes.
- Range: 0 to 85% Brix 0 to 80°C / 32 to 175°F
- Resolution: 0.1% Brix 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±0.2% Brix ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- Light Source: Yellow LED
- Measurement Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample: Volume 100 µL or 2 metrics drops (cover prism totally)
- Sample Cell: Stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic between 10 and 40°C / 50 to 104°F
- Enclosure rating: IP65
- Case Material: ABS
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V AA (included)
- Battery Life: 5000 hours reading with auto-shut off after 3 minutes of non-use
- Dimensions Meter: 7.6 x 4. 0 x 2.64 inches (192 x 102 x 67 mm)
- Weight Meter: .93 lbs. (0.42 kg)
- Dimensions Package: 11 x 6.8 x 4.60 inches (268 x 172 x 118 mm)
- Weight Packaged: 1.46 lbs. (0.66 kg)
Thank you for considering Milwaukee to help you take your results to the next level.
There are no reviews yet.