- Range: 0 to 85% Brix 0 to 80°C / 32 to 175°F
- Resolution: 0.1% Brix 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±0.2% Brix ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- Light Source: Yellow LED
- Measurement Time: Approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample: Volume 100 µL or 2 metrics drops (cover prism totally)
- Sample Cell: Stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic between 10 and 40°C / 50 to 104°F
- Enclosure rating: IP65
- Case Material: ABS
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V AA (included)
- Battery Life: 5000 hours reading with auto-shut off after 3 minutes of non-use
- Dimensions Meter: 7.6 x 4. 0 x 2.64 inches (192 x 102 x 67 mm)
- Weight Meter: .93 lbs. (0.42 kg)
- Dimensions Package: 11 x 6.8 x 4.60 inches (268 x 172 x 118 mm)
- Weight Packaged: 1.46 lbs. (0.66 kg)
Milwaukee MA871 Digital Brix Refractometer (0-85% Brix)
- The MA871 is an optical instrument that employs the measurement of the refractive index to determine the % Brix of sugar in aqueous solutions. The method is both simple and quick.
- Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water. Within seconds the instrument measures the refractive index of the sample and converts it to % Brix concentration units.
- The MA871 digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for measurements in the field.
- The measurement technique and temperature compensation employ methodology recommended in the ICUMSA Methods Book (Internationally recognized body for Sugar Analysis). Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement on the large dual-level display along with icons for Low Power and other helpful message codes.
SKU: MA-871 Category: Refractometers